Thursday, December 26, 2013

Throw Back Thursday: My year 2013 reflections


Hi there everyone. This post is some sort of a year-ender post before another year unfolds. Actually, I think that such a lot of bad things happened this year... considering my environment and particularly the country that I'm living in. Mostly it involves natural and man-made calamities which put the Philippines into map and headlines around the globe. To mention some in the list were: the 10 billion pork barrel scam (July); the alleged MNLF attack in Zamboanga City (September); the 7.2 magnitude of earthquake in Bohol that destroyed some of the historic, old and famous landmarks in the province (October); and recently, the typhoon Yolanda or Haiyan as known internationally which is recorded as the strongest typhoon ever in history that made a landfall (November). My countrymen's nationalism was really shown and awaken during those times. It made us a appear as the strongest people in the world. 

Just like my country, I too had been through calamities and disasters which left scars and fallen hopes in me. But in sha'allah, by Allah's grace, I will surpass it. Last May of this year, my dad lost in the election. It made us devastated--for a while. I was given an extra responsibilities in life since I am the only working 'single' in the family. I have to help my parents in sending my younger brother to school. It was fine, only that I have to cut off some shopping, coffee breaks, and random expenditures. Nevertheless, I know now how it feels like being a parent. I know now how hard it is and at the same time wonderful to be part of someone's success in life; that you become the bridge or instrument in making their dreams come true. It really made me a responsible young adult. I have to say that what I am now, I owe it to my parents. And now it is payback time. I want to make their wishes and dreams for us and their selves come true. in sha allah. On the good side, I think I earned a lot of friends this year, whether in personal or just through some social media that I am linked with. Those people made me smile at my sad days, grounded when I feel like taken by the strong wind of this life, and keep me back in my senses when I feel like lost and wandering. 

In the coming year, I just hope and pray that things will get better for me, my family, my country and the entire ummah. That it won't be as tough and rough as this year. I do have a lots of things to accomplish but I just don't know how, where and when to start. So help me God. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here...