Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Alone...

Hi there! Right now I’m on official business with some not-so-kind co-workers to attend the annual Philipppine League of Secretaries to the Sanggunian and Staff Inc. This year, it is held here in Tagum City, Davao del Norte as part of the Mindanao Island Congress. Actually I wasn’t able to travel with my colleagues on my way here because of some sort of prerequisites and protocols that I need to attend to before I could get my budget for this Itinerary. Anyway, the story is I travel ALONE in UNFAMILIAR place for the FIRSTIME.  Nevertheless, I’m confident enough because my friend Madz was originally from here and she knows this place by heart. So I just trust my instinct and apply some courage to do it by myself. Afterall I enjoyed the experience of travelling alone. this is what I wanted to do before, but I'm just lacking resources, courage and time to do it. I was scared at first but I overcome it by talking to my seatmates in the Bus and to anybody who's kind-looking enough to talk with. Funny, because in the Bus the passengers we're  kinda arguing about the handles and the little space provided for them since they were just an excess passenger and standing in the alley is their one and only option. I almost cannot breath due to passengers clogging in the bus and I'm kinda worried that the "kondoktor" will forget about me despite my frequent reminder on him to drop me at G-Mall in Tagum City. I did not rely on him, I put on my Specs to help me read in a distance and kept on looking outside the window and see if where city I am in. 

The excitement rises when I read the welcome sign. After passing the bridge connecting the city of Tagum and Carmen I begin to remind the kondoktor again thinking that Gmall is just a few steps away. I was ashamed because the downtown is like 20 minutes more away. I just laugh at myself because I feel like I'm a little child who's afraid to get lost. Finally, afterall I've been through I arrived safely and sound. Alhamdulillah! I rode on a green tricycle where actually all tricycles here are in green color, and find my way into the Molave hotel as our seminar's venue. I felt it only now how tired I am from travelling. So I must go to sleep now. Apologies for I have no pictures to show you because it is raining here. =)



1 comment:

Leave your comments here...