Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Simple Things

I felt so inlove with this cover song the very first time that I heard it way back in 2009. Whenever I feel lonely and tired, I just listen to this song, and after a while it gives me back the sanity that I am temporarily losing in the process. The message of the song revolves around the want of the singer to 'go back' in a place where everything is plain and simple. she's longing for the simplicity of life. I could even picture out the rivers, the fallen trees, and the empty land. It's nostalgic. I remember my childhood days. those days where the only things you care about is your own happiness and satisfaction, and don't even mind if your playmate is crying over the food or toys that you seized from her hands. As long as your happy and tasting that sweet little candy, you can sing now 'Hakuna Matata' and feel like you own the world. 

We're living in a world which dictates on how we should look, act, and interact with others. First this society will require you to study, acquire degree and eventually graduate from it. Then, you need to find job in order to be called a productive member of the society. Acquire more and more degrees, and titles and build a family, a good and model family as a matter of fact. Unfortunately I lack the last mentioned. One more to go, and I'm qualified! Of course we will strive harder for this, since this society wants us to be beautiful, rich and famous. But at the end of the day, out of the success that we're enjoying, we'll find our-self incomplete and wanting to have more. Though I understand that it's human nature, the fact that you're not happy implies something wrong with it. Me, myself would come to think of it sometimes, like why do I need to work this hard when it's giving me stress instead of a break? why do I need to go to law school, and what's these things all about? Many questions, only few are answered. But as I look at it,  it's our own self who can give answers to those questions. We just have to look deep in our hearts on why we comply on all this thing. And when we understand and realized why, satisfaction will come easily. We should establish that unselfish wishes and wants in our hearts--and that is, wishing something not for your own good but for the others. And when you do that, I guaranty you that it will push you to betterment without getting bored and tired easily. It's called inspiration. Another important thing to remember is to remain SIMPLE even though the world is exaggerating. We should appreciate simple things in life and embrace simplicity as a whole.   By doing that,  trust me, you'll find happiness and contentment despite the complexity of life. After all The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Make things simple and do not complicate them. Calm people and do not drive them away." - Imam Bukhari's Book of Muslim Manners.


Somewhere Only We Know
by: Natasha Bedingfield

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?

Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?

Somewhere only we know