i hate posting about it, cause it's breaking my heart. but this is to show my sympathy and heartfelt condolences to those who lost their loved ones in the December 17, 2011 flashfloods tragedy in the cities of Cagayan de Oro and Iligan.
if you happened to follow my previous posts, i made mention of my plans in visiting these places in this Christmas break. me and my girl buddies were planning for it for so long, but Allah is just so powerful, All-knowing, All-wise. He can destroy two cities in a blink. Allahu akbar!
Quranic verses about natural disasters:
- “Say: Have you considered if the chastisement of Allah should overtake you suddenly or openly, will any be destroyed but the unjust people?” 6:47 al Quran
- “(The apostles were sent) thus, for thy Lord would not destroy for their wrong-doing men’s habitations whilst their occupants were unwarned.” 6:131 al Quran
- “And it did not beseem your Lord to have destroyed the towns tyrannously, while their people acted well.” 11:117 al Quran
- “And (as for) these towns, We destroyed them when they acted unjustly, and We have appointed a time for their destruction.” 18.59 al Quran
- “How many did We destroy before them of the generations, then they cried while the time of escaping had passed away.” 38:3 al Quran
- “And how many of the generations did We destroy after Nuh! and your Lord is sufficient as Knowing and Seeing with regard to His servants’ faults.” 17:17 al Quran