Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 10: A dream for the future

my dream for the future is something kinda impossible at my current status. oh, yes, that's why it's called "dreams" cause it's something that you got to work on all your life until you finally achieve it. i'm a type of person who shift from one dream to another but wanting to arrive at the same goal. as i classify it, dreams are different from goals. my goal in life is to become a lawyer and go back in my community to help them. but i think helping them in  that way is not enough. i need to do something so extraordinary that even them would appreciate and congratulate not just me but their selves most specially. but on how, where and when, i know none of them. maybe in time, in Allah's given time. in shaa Allah. i am believer of a Chinese Proverb which says-- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. that's what i wanted to do, to teach my community folks how to fish for themselves so that they won't depend too much in the government or somewhere else. as i see it, this is the most practice livelihood in my place-- asking food to eat from different people. it is a written mandate in the holy Qur'an that people should find a living for their family and theirselves. but with the effect of this democracy and all that, people tend to entrust their living in the government. what's worst is that, the government is tolerating it. they make programs for the paupers, giving support systems, benefits etc. this is bad, really bad. instead of telling and teaching people how to work in order not to be poor they are even working for it. forgive me if i sound so sarcastic and bitter, but that's the way i see it.  my dreams by the way before i forgot, is that i hope would achive this goal in life. help me God.