Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ghost Girl

i'm having this great urge to buy the series of the book called "ghostgirl" by Tonya Hurley. everytime i go to the mall, i dropped by at fullybooked for a while to see if it's already in sale, yet the price just won't go down. for some reason, i understand why, the book is just worth the price! the very first time that i saw this book on the shelf i'm having this feeling that i will like it, and i yes my feelings never fail, i became suddenly interested in buying the book and eventually saving for it. but as of now, my budget just won't let me. *sigh! never mind, maybe in the coming days.

why do i love the book? it's not just because i can relate to charlotte usher (and feels like i too is a ghost girl) but it's when the author explains sort of things in life.

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

And if I should die before I awake,

I pray the popular attend my wake.


If you want sympathy, look for a friend, but if you want honesty, an enemy might be the best friend you ever had.
Tonya Hurley, Chapter 20


But the sense of urgency that comes from wanting to experience life and love to the fullest can force decisions that are not always in your best interests or anyone else’s, for that matter.
Tonya Hurley, Chapter 1
We are often so distracted by the internal war between what we want to do and what we have to do that we overlook what we need to do. Not need in the sense of a compulsion to preserve our own sanity. When doing what others think we should do comes into direct conflict with what our heads or hearts demand, it’s time to choose whether our top priority is to please others or to please ourselves.
Tonya Hurley, Chapter 4



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here...